Sunday, March 17, 2013

A whole year

Before we knew where we were the first year had passed. We thought about how excited we were the first time we saw the house. I’m still pinching myself almost two years on.

Even though the garden was smaller it didn’t prevent me from struggling to keep it up. That first summer I grew my own tomatoes.

 I also discovered that being in a different place meant different insects. I saw very few spiders and soon discovered why; House Centipedes. They are quite useful to have around, in small numbers. They eat the nasty insects like bed bugs, but I could never knowingly share my bed with one. If they panic they seem to run in crazy circles – I suppose it’s hard to control those legs when the going gets tough. They also seem very fond of hanging out in wicker rubbish bins and coconut welcome mats. I cope with them by throwing them outside – they are happier there most of the year round.

No comments: