Monday, July 15, 2019

On the move again

A lot of last year was taken up by moving house. I was very sad to move, but the stairs were getting more and more difficult. We bought a house in a different department, in a different region although not too far from where we were living.

Our eldest son helped with decorating. He’s very good with colours and solving problems and decor generally. A lot of hard work (and hard shopping!) was involved, but now we love and are very proud of our home.

We moved on my birthday.  It was very stressful as the removal men were not happy as they had a very large truck and our new and old streets are very narrow. I managed to stay out of their way as much as possible as they loaded up. Unfortunately, I had to be around when they unloaded to tell them where everything was to go. We were pleased when they left us – I think they were pleased to leave too.

Besides settling in, we had to clean the old house up for the inventory. We had been careful, but as we had been there for 7 years, the walls and corners where furniture had been undisturbed all that time needed a good clean. It was really nice on the last day as the owner came at the same time as the agent so we had the opportunity to thank him and say goodbye. The house had belonged to his mother and she had lived there nearly all of her life (I think she was born there too). We always felt that she was watching over us – we certainly felt that the house welcomed us.

Remember the loft?




 All gone! 

One of the nicest parts about the new house is the garden. We have a very sheltered area where we can eat outside in good weather and then steps up to the lawn and trees. I have a cherry tree and a fig tree!! These are the very trees that I’ve always wanted in my garden. I’ll write more about the garden in another post.

No comments: