Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I'll never forget

On Sunday we visited a local town and went to look at a church which was built in the 11th and 15th centuries. The church has a crypt which was open to the public. I don’t usually enjoy visiting crypts as they are almost always damp and dark and cold and smell musty. This one had double doors open to the street so I was persuaded by my husband to take a look.

 As we walked in someone started to sing Ave Maria. The singer was a young woman whose voice was absolutely beautiful. Her singing echoed around the arched ceilings which made the sound even more incredible. Unfortunately when she realised she wasn’t alone she stopped and hurried away. I was sorry that we’d disturbed her, but I’ll never forget that moment.


Inside the main church


This part was built in the 11th century

2 comments:

Roy said...

Nice picture of the Church

Anji said...

Roy: Thank you. It is a beautiful building, inside and out.